Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: Is your jewelry handmade? Yes, everything in our store is handmade. As noted on the "About Us" page, the artist is from Mali, West Africa and the materials he used are also from Mali. Since everything is handmade, everything is a little bit different. Two pairs of earrings will not be identical and two necklaces may have unique beads on them. That said, please use all of the photos, sizes and descriptions as reference. If you have specific requests, we will do our best to accommodate them but we cannot guarantee that they will be met.
- Q: Where do the materials for your jewelry come from? Many of the materials that we use are recycled. The bronze we use comes from old car radiators, the leather comes from old goat hides, there is recycled telephone wire and melted down old rubber flip flops. If you have a specific question about any product, please use the form below to contact us.
- Q: If the jewelry is handmade, does that mean it will break? Absolutely not! Unlike much jewelry that is made by machines and on production lines, a lot of hard work is put into each part of each piece of jewelry. When jewelry is handmade, the artist has more time to devote to each piece and is not fighting against the clock to output pieces.
- Q: What if something does break? In the event that something does break, contact us! We want you to be happy with your purchase, wear our jewelry every day and promote our product to your friends and family.
- Q: I don't understand the size of your Fulani earrings, can you help? We have made every effort to correctly show the sizes of all of our Fulani earrings, including taking pictures of a model wearing each pair. Please refer to the Fulani Earrings page for photos.
- Q: I want to visit your shop, where is it located? Unfortunately, for the moment we do not have a store. We participate in a variety of art shows, festivals and the like throughout the country. Please look at our Upcoming Festivals page to see if we'll be in your area. Additionally, if you know of a great art show that you think we should participate, there is a space on that page to tell us about it.
- Q: I don't see shipping costs listed; how much does shipping cost? The shipping costs have been included in the price of the jewelry. Shipping costs vary between $4 and $7 for First Class mailing and between $6 and $25 for Priority Mail (see below).
- Q: I want to order several items, can I get a discount on shipping? Absolutely! Please send us a message with the items that you're interested in and we can add a special listing with all items and a reduced shipping cost.
Please read all of the store policies before contacting us with questions:
- Purchasing Policy: When you click on the blue box marked, "Add to Cart," you will be directed to Paypal for payment. If you want to purchase multiple items, and as long as you are signed in Paypal, you can close the window and continue shopping. After you add the next item to your cart, both of them should show up in your cart. If for some reason you do not want to use Paypal to purchase your items, we also accept credit cards through Square which will need to be processed over the phone, accept money orders and certified checks.
- Return Policy: If you are unhappy with your purchase, we offer a full refund within 30 days of purchase. You are responsible for shipping costs associated with returning items. Nonreturnable items: earrings.
- Shipping Policy: We ship packages within 48 hours of receiving the order. If paying through Paypal, your shipping address in Paypal is the shipping address we will ship to. If you would like your package sent to a different address, you must send us a message with that address. If paying with Square, money order or certified check, you will need to provide us your shipping address. If your shipping address is incorrect in Paypal and this results in you not receiving your package, we will not replace it. If the package is returned to us, we will contact you and resend it for an additional shipping fee. If your package is lost in the mail, we will address this on a case by case basis..
- Domestic Shipping via United States Postal Service: We rely on the USPS for our domestic shipping needs. We typically ship 2-5 day First Class Mail, unless you have a large or special order in which case we will ship with 2-3 day Priority Mail. Both of these shipping options come with a tracking number. Should you need your package sooner than the above delays, please send us a message and we can arrange that.
- International Shipping via United States Postal Service: Unfortunately, due to international shipping prices which include tracking being cost prohibitive to our clients, we are no longer offering international shipping. We cannot guarantee that it will arrive and neither want to lose our product or have you lose money.
Necklace Length Guide
Please use this Necklace Length Guide as a rough estimate of our necklace lengths. Necklaces will vary depending on each person. The majority of our necklaces fall between the 16" and 20" lengths, though some do fall longer. If the length isn't cited in the necklace's description, please refer to this photo as a guide.